Four years ago I ran for Auburn City Council. I found the experience invaluable. I had the opportunity to meet many of you and listen to your concerns. My understanding of the needs of this community became clearer and identified the direction this city needs to go.
Though some of the concerns still exist, roadway conditions, growth, and public safety, new challenges have arisen. The city is faced with a dramatic decrease in revenue over the next couple of years due to property and sales tax reductions. Our business community is shaken. Their owners and employees are suffering. This is going to take bold action from the city council to address these issues and help rebuild our city.
Fresh Ideas - New Perspective
Message to Auburn
As an involved Auburn Resident, that has been contributing to our local government for multiple years, I have become aware of several areas where change is needed. Once elected, I will work to bring change in the following ways:
1. Keep fire safety as the #1 priority
2. Raise police visibility to better protect the citizens of Auburn
3. Develop our local economy by bringing in new businesses
4. Manage Auburn's budget through organizational optimization
5. Create more efficient processes through new technology to strengthen our IT infrastructure